Provided by Coldwell Banker ROX Realty
Buying a first home, or any home can be an anxiety-driven experience. A lot of money is involved and self-doubt can emerge as you ask yourself if you can afford it. Is it the right property? How do I know what lender to pick?
The stress might even bring on tears. These steps should help ease your way:
- Reach out to your favorite local Realtor® who can help guide you from start to finish in the home-buying process.
- Determine what you can afford. Take a look at your finances and decide what you’re comfortable paying on a monthly basis.
- Shop for a loan and get pre-approved. Talk with a local lender to see what you qualify for before you start shopping.
- Learning about available home-buying programs. FHA, classes, first-responder and veteran’s discount programs can help your bottom line.
- Start shopping for a home! Choose your favorite neighborhoods and school districts, decide what you do and don’t want in a home.
- Make an offer. Work with a licensed Realtor® to submit an offer.
- Get a home inspection. Once your offer has been accepted, get the home inspected. The inspector will check the roof, AC, plumbing and many other areas of the home.
- Shop for homeowner’s insurance.
- Sign the paperwork. You’ll sign your final paperwork with a neutral third party title company.
- Enjoy your new home!