Since this is the Best Of edition of this magazine, what better time than now to share some of the best words honoring our Best Friends.
If you think your dog is the best dog, you are correct! The love of a human and their animal is arguably equal to the love between a parent and their human child. Animals can be loving, nurturing, playful and loyal.
There’s lots to be said about man’s best friend — here are just a few thoughts about them. The idea behind this is to make you smile and to celebrate the special bond between you and your beloved pet.
Feel free to share these thoughts with someone who’s heart needs a belly rub:
- “A true friend leaves pawprints on your heart.”
- “Keep calm and hug the dog.”
- “Dog is God spelled backwards.” Duane Chapman
- “The dog is a gentleman; I hope I get to go to his heaven, not man’s.” Mark Twain
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” Charles M. Schultz
- “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog that loves him.” W. Bruce Cameron
- “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers
- “Think of it, of all the places and kingdoms in the world, Heavenly Father chose a manger for His son to be born. For there, amongst the animals, he would be surrounded with only pure and unconditional love.” Dan Gilchrist, DVM
- “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” Kinky Friedman
- “Over the years, I have felt the truest, purest love — the love of God, really. I imagine that’s what God’s love feels like — is the love that comes from your dog.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will they not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.” Samuel Butler
- “My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” Elayne Boosler
- “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” Robert Wagner
Here’s to lots of love, pawprints and tail wags.
Happy Tails to You!