by Rina Rien, Director, Casa Grande Main Street
Casa Grande Main Street will be joining Arizona Gives Day along with hundreds of other nonprofits from all over the state on April 7 to raise much-needed funds for future maintenance of the Casa Grande Neon Sign Park. Through www.azgives.org, Arizonans will be able to support their favorite nonprofit(s) for 24 hours of virtual giving to strive for additional cash incentive prizes.
But you don’t have to wait until Arizona Gives Day to get started. Here are some easy and fun ways you can support the park now and help us spread the word as future plans are announced:
- Visit www.neonsignpark.com to learn the history of the park and how you can support us now through monthly contributions or becoming a Founder and sponsoring a personalized paver, plate or bench.
- Visit our TripAdvisor site at www.tripadvisor.com to post a review and photos.
- Use our Facebook @neonsignpark and Instagram #neonsignpark tags on photos you take at the park.
- Stay tuned to get the latest news about our Arizona Gives Day event and planning by signing up for our eblast at firstname.lastname@example.org or texting “CGMS” to 57711 and following instructions that follow via text.
- Can’t join us for the Arizona Gives Day Event? Visit our campaign site and donate directly at: www.azgives.org/cgmainstreet.
Casa Grande Main Street is sponsoring several other events this spring for residents and visitors to experience downtown’s history, art and attractions:
- Casa Grande Art Association Studio Tour: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., March 7-8. This is a local art event with a tour of local art studios throughout the city, each including a marketplace with additional regional artists showing and selling their work. Tour begins at Casa Grande Art Museum, 319 W. Third St., and admission is free. Map and details can be found at www.casagrandeartassociation.org.
- Casa Grande Fine Art and Fiddle Fest: March 13-15. Casa Grande’s 13th annual art show is being joined by a first-ever fiddle competition. Approximately 40 artists exhibit and sell their work for a juried show drawing up to 3,000 people each year. All events are at Peart Park, 350 E. Sixth St. Schedule: Art preview and free concert 5 to 8 p.m., March 13; fine art exhibition and fiddle competition 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., March 14; fine art exhibition and live entertainment 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., March 15. For more information on the art show call 520-836-8744; for more on the Fiddle Fest call 520-709-0150.
- Day Out Downtown: 9:30-11 a.m. March 19 and April 16. Orientation and refreshments begin 9:30 a.m. at the Main Street Patio, 110 W. Second St. behind the Cook E Jar. This is followed by an hourlong walking tour with living history sites, Neon Sign Park and more. Tours last approximately one hour.
Experience the Difference
110 W. 2nd St.,