Casa Grande Main Street
THANK YOU CG MOSAIC SURVEY AND FOCUS GROUP PARTICIPANTS!
What is the CG Mosaic?
A community engagement process culminating in a festival of creative experiences located in Historic Downtown’s Arts and Culture District. The festival experience will reflect the vision of the Creative Communities Team, artists and residents who participate in this process. Here’s what we’ve learned so far from our community:
- Celebrate diverse culture with music and timely themes for November like Day of the Dead (Hispanic), Harvest (Celtic/German/Polish), and local traditions in tribal arts such as weaving, dancing
- Create an ambience bursting with color and activity that draws you to different indoor/outdoor spaces, making full use of the unique environments offered by The Woman’s Club, Museum of Casa Grande and Casa Grande Art Museum
- Pay tribute to local talent past and present like Noel Kirkland, Bob Villa, Bunky
- Engage children in creating a group art project that will encourage their parents to join in and be inspired
- Emphasize “FREE EVENT” in communications and get the word out to new audiences through portals such as nextdoor.com and direct presentations to social clubs and community groups
What’s next for CG Mosaic?
The community engagement process continues as we begin the curating process with a Call to Artists and Performers to join us for this event.
Our question is: How are you creative?
Get involved in the CG MOSAIC now:
TAKE OUR ONLINE SURVEY AND STEP UP TO TAKE PART
Click here to take our online survey and provide your comments for how you see the creative experience unfolding at our upcoming festival. Date, times and performances to be announced.
TAKE THE YOU TUBE CHALLENGE ON FACEBOOK!
Click here to visit our Facebook Page where we are collecting your best You Tube examples of the types of creative experiences you’d like to see at the festival
The AZ Creative Communities Initiative
The AZ Creative Communities Institute (AZ CCI) offers small teams, made up of diverse members of your community, a unique opportunity to explore the many ways creativity can be put to work for positive community impact. AZ CCI teams will become members of an active learning network, with opportunities to learn from and with local and national experts, as well as peers from other Arizona cities/towns and neighborhoods. Click here to learn more about this inaugural initiative.